1948

1948
Grimsley's begins as a service station and a Kaiser-Frazier car dealership.  The business is a partnership between two brothers, Vernon and John Grimsley.

1954

Kaiser-Frazier stops manufacturing automobiles, leaving the two brothers looking for an alternative product to sell.  Through a loose partnership with another individual, Grimsley's begins selling wholesale candy and tobacco products.


1956

After discussion of needs with a third brother, Harold, who owns a floor covering business, Grimsley's Janitorial Supply is formed.


1966

John Grimsley passes away, leaving Vernon as sole proprietor of the business.


1970

Vernon retires from Grimsley's and sells the business to his children, Mark and Jane Grimsley.

1982

Grimsley's Janitorial Supply is incorporated, and becomes Grimsley's Inc.


1999

Mark becomes sole owner of Grimsley's when Jane passes away.


2001

2001
Grimsley's Inc. moves from its original location on North Main Street to a new 12,000 square foot warehouse located at 119 East Airport Road.

2004

2004
The ownership of Grimsley's changes once again, as Ryan Smith purchases the company from Mark Grimsley.  Ryan has worked for Grimsley's for over nine years, and will continue to lead Grimsley's in the same upward direction it has taken in the past.


2014

New warehouse completed in the spring, bringing our total square footage to over 24,000 square feet of warehouse space to better serve our customers.